USATF-New England Membership Information
Just what is USATF-NE?
USATF-NE is your local New England association of the USA Track & Field. As one of USATF's 57 associations, USATF - New England administers programs in the states of Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. With over 4500 members, 150 member clubs, and 500 sanctioned events - the most clubs and sanctions of any association - the New England association is one of the most active and largest associations in the country. The association is run by a staffed office, one of only several full-time local offices in the country, and is overseen by a volunteer Board of Governors elected by the membership at the Annual Meeting. The 20 member board is composed of officers, sports committee chairmen, and athlete representatives, and generally meets on the first Monday of each month to discuss the sport in general and the direction of New England programs in particular.
Why join USATF?
- To support all programs in the sport, from developmental to elite
- To support your full service office, only a call or e-mail away
- To receive the local Exchange Zone and national Fast Forward magazines
- To receive a number of National benefits including discounted subscriptions and other offers
- To score in the NE Road Race Grand Prix
- To be part of the most dynamic association in the country
- To be a scoring member of a club at championship events Local Clubs and Contacts
- To be eligible for supplemental event and practice insurance - Insurance Information
ProgramsUSATF-New England runs programs in all the areas of the sport which include:
- A road race Grand Prix, now over twenty years old, which includes races at seven distances through the year. Teams and individuals score points through the series with team cash awards and individual prizes given out at the conclusion. Runners completing all seven races receive special "Ironrunner" recognition with the award of a commemorative jacket.
- An indoor and outdoor track & field schedule for all abilities of competitor from novice to Olympic class.
- A Junior Olympic program with championships in cross country and track & field, and other youth events.
- A cross country schedule which includes a team series, the nationally recognized Mayor's Cup, and Open and Masters Championships.
- A growing calendar of racewalking races and clinics.
Individual MembershipsIndivduals may join USATF-New England today, in two ways:
- By Mail:
To get a form in HTML format that can be filled out, printed, and mailed, click here
Or, to bring up a form (PDF format) that can be downloaded and mailed, click here.
You can easily sign-up for or renew your USATF membership ON-LINE today on the secure National server. Click here to get started. (Visa card required for online payment)
Club and Organizational Memberships
Clubs and organizations may join USATF-New England by following these steps:
- The club membership form must be filled out and mailed in. Click here for a Club Membership Form.
- The membership year follows the same format as individual membership, good from November 1 to December 31 of the following year. The fee has remained at $75.00 for over 12 years.
- The club co-ordinator must have an individual USATF membership. Coaches of youth athletes must complete a USATF background check.
Click here for information on the background check program.
- Clubs are eligible for a number of event entry discounts, for club practice insurance, and receive regular communications from the New England association.
- The coach/volunteer registration form and practice schedule / insurance form are available on the USATF national website.